Hiring house painters would be the best way to make the painting job easy and done right. However, there are a lot of painters in town. As a customer, you want to get the best house painters. You also want to make sure that what you spent would be justified. So how could you get quality house painters?
Here are some quick tips on how to hire quality house painters.
1. Home owner should determine what part of the house needs to be painted.
2. It is important that you should consider any work you want to be done before painting. Like if you want to repair or replace moldings, you should take note of that and tell your painting contractor about it.
3. Decide on what paints and colors you want to use. You can see paint charts at paint stores or home centers. When your hired painter suggests something about what color and paint to use, take it seriously.
4. Contact a lot of house painters. You can ask your friends or neighbors if they could recommend good painters. It shouldn’t be hard to find house painters in your area. If so, you could look at the yellow pages.
5. Painting contractors would then inspect the site and make the appropriate quotation for the job. You have to make sure that the contractors are quoting on the same specifications.
6. It is nice to have references about the painting contractors that you hire. Ask them if they were professional and timely with their work.
7. You should pick a painter that suits your budget, has a good track record, and your impression on them.
8. You should make a contract specifying on what work should be done, payment schedule, total cost, start date and estimated completion date. Paint brands, colors, and number of coats in each location should also be included in the contract.
9. You have to make sure that the contract specifies the in-charge of cleaning up and removing paints from all surfaces.
10. You have to move all furniture and other movable items before the painter is scheduled to begin. The things that haven’t been moved should be thoroughly covered with drop cloth.
It would be at ease when you know these tips when hiring painting contractors. In any case, you must also give a feedback about the house painters that you’ve hired. Future customers would love to hear your feedback.
For more painting tips, you may visit the best long island house painters. Turner’s Painting is a Family Owned House Painting business based in Huntington NY and we service all areas of Long Island, and even New York City.
REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE
Fast & Free, No Obligation
Schedule Your Free Estimate Now
Use our form to request an estimate for the initial cost of your painting project