5 Reasons to Paint or Stain Pre-Treated Wood Surfaces: Many homeowners are delighted with the results of their newly installed fences and decks. The newly installed pressure treated wood is absolutely gorgeous in its fresh state. However, left unattended, the weathering process and continued exposure to the elements (ie. stormy rain, icy snow, and extreme heat) can turn these once beautiful extensions of a homeowner’s dreams into a gray and dreary nightmare. Keeping this in mind, pressure treated wood should be stained or painted as soon as the weathering process is over. Here’s why:
- Curb Appeal! Although some may find the natural gray and weathered look of the wood attractive, it doesn’t match many nicely finished homes. It sticks out and simply looks old and faded.
- Continued exposure to the weather/elements can allow the natural openings in the wood to crack and become larger. As a result, the wood will retain too much moisture leading to rotting, warping and insect damage. A staining or painting application will seal and protect the wood, avoiding these damages.
- Applying a semi-transparent stain allows visibility of the wood grain for a more natural finish.
- Applying a solid color stain allows more options to match or compliment the exterior of a home allowing a richer looking finish.
- It’s certainly a lot cheaper to paint or stain wood surfaces to prevent damages before they occur than it would be to start repairing or replacing these surfaces once damaged, so by all means, save yourself the time, energy and money.
Most pressure treated wood is ready for staining or painting within 60 days of installation. After this period of time the wood should have had enough time to retain some moisture and dry out completely, making it a perfect time to apply a long-lasting finish. Contact your local painting contractor or house painter to take a look at any of your pressure treated wood surfaces.
They can certainly provide options that make you smile with pride as you pull into your driveway. You don’t have to live with the dreary, gray, tired looking wood anymore! Having a professional painting company complete the painting or staining of your pressure treated wood is a simple process that can be completed by a professional rather quickly and affordably.
Learn 5 Reasons to Paint or Stain Pre-Treated Wood Surfaces
Turner’s Painting is a five star rated Long Island painting contractor which offers the best quality interior and exterior painting services, If you need professional painters to help you with your commercial or residential painting project, please click that link to request a free painting estimate . or contact Turner’s Painting today — 516 850 8369
REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE
Fast & Free, No Obligation
Schedule Your Free Estimate Now
Use our form to request an estimate for the initial cost of your painting project